Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Happy Wed.

Hey there,

Life is good. It's been a busy time, and this summer will hold a lot of action and travel and opportunities to play, and for all of those- I am very grateful.

I just returned from the Songwriter's Festival down in Key West, and had an amazing time. I am a fan of songs first and foremost, and I find it absolutely intriguing to hear the stories behind the songs. Legends such as Don Schlitz were at the festival, and it was wonderful to see just how many hits he has had! I am impressed (so much so) by people that create every day in such a beautiful way- and continue to do so in interesting ways day after day after day. It is such a gift.

While we were in Key West, we rented bikes, explored the town, and went out at night. One of the nights we were out, we experienced hearing a Drag Queen sing Josh's song, "Before He Cheats". This song really has had a life of it's own, and it was just hysterical to see a man/woman belting out this song for the world to see. Josh said that it was a career highlight. It certainly was a highlight of the trip.

If you ever make it to Key West- make sure to go to the Butterfly Sanctuary. It was astoundingly beautiful- full of thousands of butterflies and birds, landing on you and gifting you with their presence. I have always been incredibly moved by butterflies and felt that they were magical in some sense. It was a wonderful time away and rejuvinating as well.

We are getting ready to head out on the road for the next several months, and are in rehearsals right now, etc. I love being out on the road, and am excited to be playing The Boundless Playgrounds Gala on the 23rd of May in Hartford, CT. We will also be headed to New York City to play the only country bar there- the Rodeo Bar- a very cool place. If you are in town, please come on down and check it out! We will be playing on the 25th and the 26th opening for Elana James. On the 27th we will be headed to Adelphia, New Jersey to play a show in support of The Peace Alliance. (www.thepeacealliance.org).

So, like I said, LIFE IS GOOD. We leave for Vegas in the next few days to go the ACM awards-and I know that we will have a blast, as usual. It is great to spend some time around all of the people in our industry playing. And! Josh Kear (my husband) is nominated for Song of the Year for writing "Before He Cheats" for Carrie Underwood- and we are very excited and honored for that nomination as well. Make sure to tune in on May 15th on CBS!

Fan Fair will be here before we know it, and it is quite exciting to know that I have the opportunity to see so many people who LOVE country music. I love Fan Fair because as an artist, I get to meet so many fans and make them friends. Thanks for your support. This year we are pleased to say that we will be playing the IFCO show on June 4th too- it is an incredible show to be involved with, and it will be my first time playing the Ryman Auditorium. I love being in places where so many greats have been before. These places seem to hold their energy and inspire the newcomers who enter. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to sing on a stage where so many legends have changed the course of music.

With love,
Carly

1 Comments:

Blogger Crickett said...

Carly,

You don't know me, but I know and LOVE your husband, Josh Kear. We go way back from his MTSU days when he used to sleep on my couch sometimes. He worked for me before he abandoned my office and went to work for my husband, George, and then they did Civil War reenacting for a while after that - things you have probably heard about.

Some time ago, Josh gave me a copy of your cd and I absolutely love your voice. I really like the song Mountains, Rivers, Storms and Tears. I am amazed at all of the things you have accomplished and the places you've been. Your work and care for soldiers and children is touching. I wish you the very best in your music career.

I have been reading your blogs and keeping up with you and Josh on the web, and I am so happy for both of you. Josh sent me your engagement picture and you both look so happy. George and I have been married since 1995. Josh sang at our wedding reception. It is a great memory for me, and I have a wonderful picture of him with his guitar at Cannonsburgh.

I see that you are in Vegas right now, and if you have time and like Star Trek at all - you might want to check out the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. George and I renewed our vows there last year on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise. If Josh hasn't already heard that from George, he will probably think it's hilarious. But it was actually a sweet ceremony and we have some great pictures of that too. There are some really great drinks at the Ferengi Bar in Quarks Restaurant too.

Please give Josh a big hug from me and let him know we are thinking of him. Please let him know that all of our family is so happy about his success.

George and I hope to meet you someday in the future. Best wishes always.

7:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home