Monday, July 10, 2006

Back Home

Dear Friends,
Hello from Nashville once again. I have spent the past week or so out on the road and am slowly settling back into Nashville. I love being out on the road. I spent my time in Texas (Ft. Bliss), New Mexico (Holloman AFB), Seattle and Atlanta. It is amazing to me how different the people in this country are, yet how similar we are at the same time.
I spent a few days in Seattle before the 4th, and we had a great time kicking around Pike's Place Market and walking the streets & seeing the sights in the city. It was sunny! We had a great show on the 4th, and the band was great. I love playing with people who are great at what they do and are so amazingly talented. They just shine up there, and it makes my job so much easier and much more fun. One of the coolest things that I have seen in a while were the amazing fire works on July 4th. At Ft. Lewis, they watch their fireworks with 3-D glasses! I was amazed at the spectrum of color and the depth that was present while watching the fireworks display. Most of the crowd had them on and we just laughed outloud and ooowed and aaawed at how cool it was. I highly recommend it to anyone who has not tried this before. I know, it may sound crazy, but it was unbelievably cool.
We got some great news the other day as well. As many of you know, "Crazy" the duet with Willie Nelson reached #4 on the European Country Music Charts. We found out this weekend that I was nominated (with Willie) for best vocal collaboration for the ECMA awards (European Country Music Assocation)! We were thrilled. My first nomination. We were so excited and we will let you know if we win. Regardless of the outcome, I am honored to have been nominated and recognized.
Many of you have asked when the 2nd album is coming out. Rest assured, there will be a second album coming out soon (I hope). We are looking for songs right now, which can be quite an arduous process, and we are starting to play some songs for the next record in live shows as well. Both Dixie lullaby and The Only Road to Travel are songs that I am hoping to cut for the next record and both of those are in the live show at this point. Listen for them in upcoming shows!
Well folks, I am off to do some more business here in Nashville today. But, I do look forward to hearing from all of you!
If you are wondering why the other blog is no longer up, it is because there is a book being written about the Iraq experience- we will let you know when it is being released.
Thank you for your amazing and continued support! I appreciate all of you more than you know and I look forward to hearing from you! Let me know how you are doing and what you are up to!
With love and gratitude,
Carly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home